Revell 1/35 panzerhaubitze

garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Revell 1/35 panzerhaubitze

Post by garywintin »

Good to to you guys.

First of all, let me wish you guys a happy new year. Yesterday was our Burmese happy new year and I was actually going to post this yesterday but I got lazy so yeah. Wishing my happy near year to all of my dear readers and may you all have a beautiful year all around.

This gal is painted in ( all from Tamiya ) Nato Green, Nato Brown and Nato Black. Scheme is per the instruction and references per the Bundeswehr as I saw that all German PZH2000 are painted in the same pattern, with the exception of the ones in Afghanistan.

The amount of sanding and taking off parts from from this old kit to put on the etches took its toll on me upon reaching the weathering stage. At this point, I was running on fumes and I couldn't be bothered with so much effect of weathering effects so I just went heavy with various colour of dusts. I could have done better and more but I just wanted to call it done and make way and time for more kits.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co. ... -2000.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Re: Revell 1/35 panzerhaubitze

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

Perfection brother, simply stunning! you did a superb job on the camo and the weathering in particular. those vehicles look exactly like that after a few hours in the field.
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by garywintin »

HamilkarBarkas wrote:Perfection brother, simply stunning! you did a superb job on the camo and the weathering in particular. those vehicles look exactly like that after a few hours in the field.
WOW ... herr barkas calling me brother.. thanks brother... it really means a lot to me that you hold my humble work in high regards... it really motivates me
andreb87
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by andreb87 »

nice! i love this vehicle. i served 2 years in one of them! and i can tell you best spg of the world! very nice finish! :th:
on the bench: too much -.-
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by garywintin »

andreb87 wrote:nice! i love this vehicle. i served 2 years in one of them! and i can tell you best spg of the world! very nice finish! :th:
They certainly are great ..... I love this gal .. looks so powerful
andreb87
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by andreb87 »

we were trained to fire 3 rounds while changing the elevation of the gun. so we fired one bunker piercing round, then an high explosive and after that for example a splinter round. bunker down :D it's possible to let all 3 rounds hit at once or in close distance! it's a machine of death and definetely the best spg in the world!
on the bench: too much -.-
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by garywintin »

andreb87 wrote:we were trained to fire 3 rounds while changing the elevation of the gun. so we fired one bunker piercing round, then an high explosive and after that for example a splinter round. bunker down :D it's possible to let all 3 rounds hit at once or in close distance! it's a machine of death and definetely the best spg in the world!
AMEN to that ...
PaulAyrey
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by PaulAyrey »

Wow that's great Gary, lovely execution. Another brilliant build!
ROBOPAUL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
England

Post by ROBOPAUL »

You're just getting better and better at this modelling lark. Boy o boy you do seem to knock them out pretty quickly.
gustavlekstal
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by gustavlekstal »

Pure inspiration
Regards Gustav

Dragon t-34/85 premium mod 44
Done! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15153&p=189978#p189978

Dragon 15cm sig33 auf pz.kpfw Ib
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10747

Jsu-152 tamiya with et modelling pe
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12313
garywintin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by garywintin »

PaulAyrey wrote:Wow that's great Gary, lovely execution. Another brilliant build!
Thanks Paul .... I try my best
ROBOPAUL wrote:You're just getting better and better at this modelling lark. Boy o boy you do seem to knock them out pretty quickly.
Yep.. I'm gonna try and finish as much kit as possible as I am not sure how Long I will have to stay in the UK ...
gustavlekstal wrote:Pure inspiration
oh thank you so much for those kind words

Return to “Land Gallery”